How often have we heard the oxygen mask scenario? You know, "Put the oxygen mask on yourself, before you try to help someone else." You may think these kind of phrases trite, but I like to think of them as I did the acronyms for learning piano as a kid. I was grateful for the silly, sing, song phrases like, Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge, because it helped me remember the notes.
Sometime I need reminders. I need them silly, loud, in bold color, or whatever it takes. The truth is we all do, but sometime we’re just too stubborn or proud to admit it, so we hobble along with out the help we need, doing the very thing we know will harm us, or sabotage our results. If you don’t believe me look at the scores of people with liver disease who refuse to put down the bottle, or the diabetics who keep eating fried food until they lose a foot or leg.
I’m willing to take the vitamins I need to help me feel better, succeed and tackle life and business with gusto. I’m willing to entertain the notion that I need to put the oxygen mask on myself before I will be any good to anyone else. I’m not trying to play tough, or impress anyone. I am in the business of being kind to myself as much as possible, because that is a way I thrive and first put the oxygen mask on myself.
Here are some other ways I take care of myself~
- Take a breezy walk by myself on sunny days
- Make a warm cup of green tea, curl up in my cozy chair for my God time
- Shop for and eat mostly vegetables even though my kids might prefer hot dogs
- Write when I want to and write when I don’t, because it releases all the junk
- Turn up the music and dance
- Write a new song, sing and play my guitar
- Cuddle up and watch a movie with the family
- Allow myself to laugh at really stupid things that no one else thinks funny
- Cry at movies and commercials to my own embarrassment
- Tell my hubby that I need to be held
How do you put the oxygen mask on yourself?
If you want to learn how to do what you need to thrive and live a stand out life sign up for my FREE telecall Wednesday, February 16th at 5:00 pm PST.
Imagine if you had keys to unlock your unique greatness, activate your transforming gift and show off your brilliance. What would that do for you? Get ready to completely recalibrate your life with this FREE telecall, LIVE A STAND OUT LIFE.
Moxie Me Institute helps heart-led entrepreneurial women and entrepreneur wannabes rev up their business savvy and bring their greatness, purpose and passion to the world, through live events, teleseminars, personal coaching, powerful resources, tools, and education. We invite you to join our community of heart centered, spunky, female entrepreneurs. Follow us at: