Unfortunately many of the lessons I’ve learned in life have come through hitting smack bottom on the rough edges of life. I imagine the city planning committee of Smackass Georgia must have had a similar revelation. No lie, it’s a real town! I’ve been there.
Recently an old friend made a comment that I should be a bitter women due to the losses I’ve experienced. I thought about it for a second, acknowledging that because of the grace of God, love and gratitude seem to have been the better choice, a choice resulting in a full and beautiful life.
Believe me it is daily choice to let the effects of life experiences mold us for the better, rather than letting bitterness and unforgiveness take us out at the knees. We all have the same challenge and opportunity, to release and let go, or savor and stew on difficulty.
I’ve found difficulty, although undesirable, the greatest teacher. Sometimes to know the value of something you have to experience the converse. I hope to never let a mistake or difficulty be wasted, so here’s a little Friday gratitude that I hope will encourage you.
Smackass Gift and Gratitude List
- I’m grateful for learning to Love others through the gift of encountering indifference.
- I’m grateful for learning to be loved through the gift of a hard heart receiving.
- I’m grateful for learning the Value of friendship through the gift of isolation.
- I’m grateful for learning Shame resilience through the gift of shame.
- I’m grateful for learning Self-acceptance through the gift of rejection.
- I’m grateful for learning Gratefulness through the gift of loss and despair.
- I’m grateful for learning to Savor the Moment through the gift of disappointment.
- I’m grateful for learning to see Hope and Possibility through the gift of barrenness.
- I’m grateful for learning to Carry Sunshine in my heart through the gift of darkness.
- I’m grateful for learning the need for others through the gift of failed perfectionism.
- I’m grateful for learning to live through the gift of dying a thousand deaths.
Do you want more perspective shifting support? Order Untamed Heart, Releasing Your Creative Genius [product id="2047" sku=""] Get some heart shifting, perspective raising, life giving joy that will untamed your heart!
Also, join us for the Women's Daring Way™ Intensive, May 2nd and 3rd in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. For more information find us at: www.daringlinlife.com